- Hoodoo Food! The Best of the Conjure Cook-Off Taste-testing the use of EDIBLE magical herbs in all manner of spell-work recipes from love cakes and money greens. Prizes and ribbons will be awarded by the judges! In order to attend the Hoodoo Food! workshop, you must coordinate with Sister Robin (707-887-1521) to send in your recipe and descriptive notes, and you must bring a (large) sample platter or tray of the magical food for the rest of the group to discuss, taste-test, and share at the workshop. All pre-submitted Hoodoo Food! recipes and write-ups will be printed in booklet form, with each workshop participant receiving a free copy. Extra "Hoodoo Food!" recipe booklets will be sold to benefit the work of Missionary Independent Spiritual Church. Any food not eaten by participants at the workshop will become part of the general Party Potluck.
- Astrology for Root Workers tells you how to work according to the natural timing of the Moon, Sun, and Stars. No complicated charts required; if you can see the sky, you can use these time-honoured methods.
- Dressing, Fixing, and Working with Candles is a hands-on experience in setting spiritual altar lights for yourself, your family, and friends. All materials will be supplied, plus take-home sheets
- Spiritual Foot Washing will help you learn an old-time Deep Southern ritual for clients that few urban practitioners even know about, much less can teach. A life time learning experience.
- Gambler's Lucky Spells is a workshop and lecture that reveals the best and most practical techniques used by bingo, lottery, and card players to play, win, and enjoy themselves at games of chance.
- Sweetening Spells This workshop puts the focus on love and reconciliation work as well as the use of sweeteners in legal, school, and workplace cases. Participants will be guided through the assembly and prayerful dedication of a variety of honey jar and sugar box spells, with all material supplied.
- Deacon Millett: The pastor of Four Altars Gospel Sanctuary in Southern California will be teaching a class on sweetening spells, focusing on love and reconciliation work as well as the use of sweeteners in legal, school, and workplace cases.
- Miss Bri: Spiritual counsellor and proprietor of San-Antonio-based Milagro Roots, Bri will present an in-depth class on conjure love magic, covering altar work, figural and moving candle spells, mojo hands, lodestone spells, the use of photographs and personal concerns, and how to time the work for best results. Participants will construct a complete spell layout to take home, with all materials supplied except personal concerns. (If you have someone in mind for this work, please bring photos and bodily concerns.)
- Miss Lara: The owner of the Dallas-based Black Cat Root Shack will be giving her always-popular foot washing class, a hands-on workshop in the Jewish, Christian, and Spiritualist traditions of blessing and cleansing a client through the ritual act of bathing and praying over the feet. All supplies are provided, and you will get to actually perform a spiritual foot washing on a student-partner, with feedback and discussion provided by other trained rootworkers. Due to the physical nature of the work, this class is limited in enrollment, and in order to ensure you can get in, pre-arrival sign-up is recommended.
- Ms. Robin York: The Bay Area's premier spiritual sister, gifted reader, root worker, and radio personality will hold a workshop on gambling spells, including how to consult dream books for lucky betting numbers and the use of candle spells, mojo hands, lodestones, hand-washes, anointing oils, sachet powders, and the sigilization, of trained hunting money by those who bet on games of chance. A sample lucky-number dream book is included in the cost of the workshop and all materials are provided.
- Sister Robin ("Red Robin"): The shop manager of the Lucky Mojo Curio Co. presents a new workshop this year -- one we hope will become an annual event: Hoodoo Food! This workshop features the use of EDIBLE magical herbs in all manner of spell-work recipes from love cakes and money greens to secretly controlling salads.
- Ms. Cat Yronwode: The proprietor of the Lucky Mojo Curio Co. and author of "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic" and the "Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course" will be teaching a special seminar on "Astrology for Root Workers" and a special seminar for course graduates only on "How to Make a Jack Ball."
There is no charge to attend the Party and Lucky Mojo
Open House. Potluck food and beverages will be provided both days. In addition,
participants will be invited to sample the fantastic magical concoctions
from the Hoodoo Foods and Conjure Cook-Off Workshop.
Seating outside the workshops is somewhat limited, so if you want to spread out and party on the grass, bring
along a blanket or beach towl and your own portable lawn chairs!
This event is DOG-FRIENDLY, as long as yours is a friendly dog. We also have
a large enclosed dog run available for the use of any dogs who need a break from the festiviies.
The Lucky Mojo Curio Co. will be open on both days for anyone
wishing to get some shopping done. Guests are also invited to
visit Missionary Independent Spiritual Church and receive a
complimentary church fan. Please join us.
|Cost for the workshops varies by the cost of
materials supplied, and runs from $10.00 to $25.00 each, payable to your
teachers on the day of the workshop.
Planning on coming? Drop us a note on the forums and let us know.
- Time: Saturday - Sunday, May 8th and 9th, 2010, 9:00 PM to 9:00 PM.
- Place: Missionary Independent Spiritual Church, a beautiful temple in a garden setting in historic Alameda, California.
- All Workshop Materials, plus Potluck Food and Beverages are included in the price of Admission.
- The Lucky Mojo Occult Shop will be open during the venue for those wishing to purchase genuine spiritual supplies.
- Enrollment: Limited to 30 participants per workshop -- FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED.
- Tickets: Please Pay Your Presenter at the Beginning of Each Workshop
- Advance notification requested: Please sign up at the Lucky Mojo Forum or Call the Lucky Mojo Curio Co. 707-887-1521 or Sign Up at the Shop:
Lucky Mojo Curio Co. 6632 Covey Road, Forestville, CA 95436